If you’re newly expecting, congratulations!! While I’m in the thick of it, I’m sharing some of my favorite pregnancy items for all my other hostesses that are soon-to-be moms out there! Several of these I’ve used a ton throughout my entire pregnancy, while others have been life savers at certain stages. A big thanks to my mama friends who recommended several of these to me!
- R+CO Moisturizing Shampoo & Thickening Conditioner – Right when we found out we were pregnant, I tried switching most of my toiletries to natural products. I fell in love with R+CO, whose products are formulated without parabens or sulfates. They’re all vegetarian, cruelty-free, and color-safe. I’ve found I’ve had to wash my hair less these products work so well — and they make your hair smell SO good!
- Kopari Coconut Oil Deodorant – Speaking of smelling good, this deodorant smells like heaven… and it works. If you don’t like it or find that it doesn’t do the job, the best part is you can send it back. But I have a feeling you’ll fall in love if you try it!
- Queen Rose Pregnancy U-Shaped Pillow – I thought about shipping this pillow to our hotel when we went on vacation, that’s how much it helps me sleep! I actually put the round end at me feet vs. around my head. It’s been a life saver, especially during the third trimester.
- Pure Life Science Anti-Stretch Mark Massage Oil – I started mixing this oil in with my body lotion at the beginning of my second trimester. I don’t know quite yet if it works in terms of preventing stretch marks 😉 but it’s definitely helped keep my skin moisturized during the dry Chicago winter!
- Girlfriend’s Guide to Pregnancy – A must-read for new mamas. My sister-in-law gifted me this book when we told her we were expecting – and it’s hilarious. It gives you the lowdown on all the little things that you may feel too embarrassed to ask and practical tips you can use throughout your pregnancy. You will laugh out loud reading this one!
- Blanqi Everyday Support Maternity Leggings – I’ve pretty much lived in these leggings for the past two months. I bought two pairs I love them so much. They are significantly more comfortable than maternity jeans, and look super cute paired with an over-sized sweater. I also think they’ll be really nice to hang out in postpartum!
- Nuun Strawberry Lemonade Electrolyte Drink Tablets – If you’re like me and don’t love drinking water, these are your new best friend. I bought a three-pack of the Strawberry Lemonade ones, and drinking water has been much easier ever since. They also contain electrolytes, so you stay even more hydrated!
- Eberjey Women’s Pajamas – Once the third trimester rolls around, you may find that you need a larger set of PJs (or at least I did!). These are the softest PJs I’ve ever owned. I plan to bring them to the hospital with me, and think they’ll be nice to have when breast feeding because they have a button down top!
- Trideer Exercise Ball – Even the couch can be uncomfortable to sit on these days, so I hang out on this ball in our living room quite often. We ordered it when I was about 35 weeks. I figure post baby we can store it, or use it for actual exercise.
- Compression socks – I haven’t had issues with swelling, but I bought these to wear for the longer flights I had to take during the second half of my pregnancy. They are great quality, and again I didn’t experience any swelling!
- Zantac – Alright I said this was 10, but I’m including 11 — because heartburn. Luckily, I haven’t experienced heartburn up until recently. At first, I took Tums because we had some in our medicine cabinet. After talking to a few other mamas who had heartburn, I ended up switching over to Zantac and it’s a game changer. I highly recommend if you have bad heartburn! ***I am not a doctor, so best to consult with your OB before taking!***
Do you have any must-have items you couldn’t have survived pregnancy without? If so, comment below!